Let’s face it, lots of Santas mixed with alcohol and other pleasure enhancers can sometimes equal bad vibes and bad behavior. The Detroit Santarchy has a good reputation. Remember, we are guests at the establishments where we will be imbibing a drink or two. Stay cool. Stay friendly. And most importantly, don’t be a Captain Bring Down by fighting or being a bad, ugly drunken Santa.
In some cities, this Santarchy is something that is feared by the local businesses. But here in Detroit, especially here in the Corktown-Cass Corridore area where we will be, the drinking establishments look forward to Santa, because they know we are here for good cheer.
Rules for a Fun Night:
- Be nice and make friends, this is not a contest to see who can be the most obnoxious idiot. We’re here to relax and have fun.
- If you are told no or to back off, don’t let alcohol cloud your judgement: be cool and back off. Don’t obsess over something that won’t matter once you wake up in the morning.
- If the pace of alcohol consumption is going too fast, slow down and have a bite to eat.
- Listen to the bus drivers. If a driver asks you to settle down, or to not smoke on the bus, do it.
- Don’t ask the drivers to deviate from the route. It’s very important for the drivers to stay on route and on time to keep the flow of Santas moving. Deviating from the route messes up a system that works. If you want to go somewhere that is off the route… that’s what Uber is for.