Of course, the burning question is: Will there be a Detroit Santarchy in 2020? With all of the shit that has swirled around in the toilet bowl known as the coronavirus, the answer is a very definite, solid as sure as we can be… maybe.
Let’s face it, lots of Santas mixed with alcohol and other pleasure enhancers can sometimes equal bad vibes and bad behavior. The Detroit Santarchy has a good reputation. Remember, we are guests at the establishments where we will be imbibing a drink or two. Stay cool. Stay friendly. And most importantly, don’t be a Captain Bring Down by fighting or being a bad, ugly drunken Santa.
In some cities, this Santarchy is something that is feared by the local businesses. But here in Detroit, especially here in the Corktown-Cass Corridore area where we will be, the drinking establishments look forward to Santa, because they know we are here for good cheer.
Rules for a Fun Night:
- Be nice and make friends, this is not a contest to see who can be the most obnoxious idiot. We’re here to relax and have fun.
- If you are told no or to back off, don’t let alcohol cloud your judgement: be cool and back off. Don’t obsess over something that won’t matter once you wake up in the morning.
- If the pace of alcohol consumption is going too fast, slow down and have a bite to eat.
- Listen to the bus drivers. If a driver asks you to settle down, or to not smoke on the bus, do it.
- Don’t ask the drivers to deviate from the route. It’s very important for the drivers to stay on route and on time to keep the flow of Santas moving. Deviating from the route messes up a system that works. If you want to go somewhere that is off the route… that’s what Uber is for.
Do you want to know when important info is posted on this site. Then follow us on twitter. When you see a tweet from Detroit Santarchy, just click on the link and you can find out what you need to know. It’s easy, just go to: https://twitter.com/DetSantarchy.
If you follow us on Twitter, you won’t have to lie awake in your bed at nights wondering if you missed anything from Detroit Santarchy. And that’s because… When you are signed into Twitter, whenever we post something, Twitter will tweet you. It’s that easy.
Okay… Alright… After a whole bunch of years, the site is getting a long overdue make over. Being Santa, with all the traditions and stuff, it was hard to break away from typing the code. But, alas,I’ve finally relented, and we’re updating to a more modern looking site. Hopefully, you will find it easy to use and mobile friendly, which seems like a must now-a-days.
Take a spin and check things out. The galleries have all been moved over to Santarchy Past. If you have photos to share, check out our page: http://detroitsantarchy.net/home/share-your-photos/.